Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wordless Wednesday...

I bought a few peonies at the weekend and have been playing around with them for some still life pictures.  At the moment I prefer dark toned still life shots to anything light and 'pretty'.  

These were all taken with side light which I love as it emphasises texture and shape and gives a wonderfully three dimensional feel to objects.  If you normally shoot in 'flat' light do give side light a go.  I took these on a table with light from our patio doors coming from camera left.  I diffused it with some voile to make it softer, and in some cases I closed the curtains to let only a thin strip of light fall on the objects.  It's all about controlling the light to give the effect that you want.










Linking with Wordless Wednesday at Image-in-ing.  and

6 comments:

NCSue said...

Peonies are such pretty flowers. I enjoyed the way you "played around with them".
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/06/drip-drip-drip.html

jabblog said...

Lovely photographs - you certainly had fun.

William Kendall said...

Your second take is my favourite.

Jeanna said...

I love the tone of the photos.

The Cynical Sailor said...

I love peonies - the smell is heavenly! Wonderful photos :-) Cheers - Ellen

Rhonda Albom said...

Gorgeous photos. The diffuse light gives the photos an old world, vignette feel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...