Monday 23 September 2013

Land-Girls, Planes, Ferrets and Hay Bales - Not Your Typical Weekend...

Sometimes you have such a great weekend that you want to be able to bottle it and then re-open it every now and then to remind yourself how great it was, and how thankful you are for days and opportunities like those.  It started on Friday when we went to do a land-girl photo shoot at a private air-strip in a stunning location.  Oh my it was fabulous!  A few friends of our host dropped by in their planes (landing in the garden as you do), and with the help of these magnificent men in their flying machines and two beautiful models we got the opportunity for some great shots.  Plus there was a cat living there called Clyde that I got to cuddle.  Wonderful day...

On Saturday we went to see friends of ours who wanted some pics of their three naughty baby ferrets.  Such fun and games!  They also have two cats who I've featured before (Elvis and Misty), and it was lovely to see everyone and catch up.  Then on the way home we finally saw a field of hay bales and a great sunset - so I did my 'STOP THE CAR!' thing and leaped out, camera in hand.  

So a big THANK YOU to all the people who made this such a great few days... It made me realise why I love being a photographer.

The location...

IMG_6326
The land-girls...

The models - Lucy and Lizzie

The cat...
Clyde relaxes under his tree to watch the goings on in his garden

The gang...
It took a year of planning by David,
and the help of all these people to make the shoot happen.

The ferret...
The feet belong to our friend Nicole - the fab ferret is Freija.

IMG_5407
The finale...
I have waited weeks to be in 
the right location at the right time
to get a shot like this.
I haven't got a shot of me doing my happy dance
so you'll just have to imagine it :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are, as always, breath-taking! However, my favourite bit is the contented look on your face as you sit with a cat on your lap, camera in one hand while stroking the kit with the other! Doesn't get much better for you, does it? x

Oh, and well done David!

Penny

Barbara said...

If George Cloony had turned up I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven Penny :-))))

Ruth said...

I think the Land Girls shoot has been my favourite by far ~ the colours are stunning.
Great to see David looking so relaxed and happy (and you with a cat on your knee!).

Ruth said...

PS: is that David in Dad's Asi Rugby Club polo shirt?? It'll be 20 years old next year!

Kmcblackburn said...

Oh my goodness....that shot of the girls in the field looks like a poster circa 1940's. Fantastic! And the colors/tone of the last shot are so warm and sublime.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots, Barbara. Just full of energy and life to them.

Clyde looks like the master of his domain.

Barbara said...

Thanks all.

Ruth - David confirmed that is the shirt! Twenty years old is probably 'practically new' to him! :-)

William - I think he is :-)

Nicki said...

You do vintage like no one else - and that sunset hay bale shot/header is down right perfection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...