Sunday 29 August 2010

Sunday in the park...

I actually took my camera with me on this morning's walk.  It was cool, blustery and just a great morning to be out of doors.  We got to Bradgate Park at about 7.30a.m. and slogged up to Old John where we met a group of fellow masochists who kindly offered us food.  We unwillingly declined as we had our hike in front of us and then after admiring the view for a few moments, set off downhill trying to avoid two stags standing on the path who were 'looking at us in a funny way'.  We made it around our normal route in record time without mishap (apart from Cath almost falling off the path) and decided we must be getting fitter as we didn't feel as if we needed oxygen quite as badly as usual after tackling the last hill back up to the car park.  Something strange happened on the way home though, we had to nip into Sainsburys (post-Starbucks) and I picked up a copy of the Mail on Sunday for D as it had a feature on Nigella.  It's not a paper I'd normally even put in my rabbit's cage but D loves Nigella so it had to be done (I like to think he would have done the same for me if it were George Cloony).  What was really odd is that I had to be over 16 to buy it.  I kid you not, it said on my receipt that the checkout operator confirmed I was old enough so I asked her about it.  Was it the fact that the Mail is such an awful paper it can't be allowed to corrupt the young, or just that Nigella was seductively inviting people to 'come into my kitchen' on the cover of the magazine, wearing a dress that looked as if Dulux had had a hand in spraying it on her?  One of life's little mysteries...

Old John with rather dramatic cloud formation...

Apologies for the poor quality of this one - the stag was so close to us I became inept and couldn't change the settings on my camera in time!  He was posing so nicely too...

The views make it all worthwhile...

At least this bit's downhill...

I love the look of red berries and have to take a photo of them whenever I see them - it's like a pavlovian reflex...

Not a Bradgate Park wild rabbit.
This is Ben snuggling up to D this morning to watch the Grand Prix

2 comments:

BooksPlease said...

Lovely photos!

How odd about the Mail on Sunday. We were tempted to get it too as my D loves Nigella, but as I want to lose weight I didn't want to get it. D said if I looked like Nigella ... well, what can I say!

Lucy said...

beautiful photos - so many things I love there :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...