Sunday 16 May 2010

Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Pretty quiet on the photography front this week - just seemed to have worked and walked!  The walking is in preparation for a 10km Moonlit Walk in aid of the Shakespeare Hospice on 5th June that my friend Helen and I are taking part in.  It became scarily real on Friday when I picked up our official tee-shirts (very purple), and Helen has promised to organise contrasting feather boas.  I am hoping to take my camera on the night - although the weather may veto that.  For training I've been walking to work, which is about 3 miles, then yesterday did 4.5 miles.  Today I am doing nothing apart from go for breakfast with Cath in Stratford (yes there's another Grande Prix today so D obviously can't venture out of the house all weekend...) and hope the stiffness in my calf muscles wears off.



Views of Stratford we won't be seeing when we're walking around it at 10pm!


4 comments:

Ruth said...

Good luck! We've just donated a tenner.

Barbara said...

Thanks very much Ruth, really kind of you.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Well done on taking part. Purple's not such a bad colour and it will be dark!!!

Are you still looking for crochet sites? Have a look at Attic24 http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/hexagon-howto.html
Lucy's got a fab tutorial on Hexagons and how to join them as you go.. Much better than sewing them together later.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the website link Liz, sounds like just what I'm looking for. I have a pile of squares that I'm not looking forward to putting together so am interested in any technique that means I can do it as I go along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...